Sunday 5 January 2014

Fibre Art and More

I love weekends, time to relax, enjoy the kids and let the creative juices flow. I thought I would share with you a few pieces that I have  completed recently. Each one unique, and so much fun to make.

Remember in one of my previous posts how I had talked about stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Well, before Christmas I started to play with wool roving, oh my what fun!! The sky truly is the limit with what you can create. Here is one of my pieces..


© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley
This one I incorporated wool roving and both machine and hand stitching. 
© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley 

I have since created 10 pieces and all but 2 have sold. So exciting. If you are wanting to take a class on this please see my class calendar.

Not only can you create pictures using wool roving, but you can also incorporate wool into a quilted picture. I had a piece of fabric lying around that had these two eagles on it so I thought I would try to incorporate wool into the body of the eagle and on the branches of the tree. Here is what I have done so far, I still have several more hours of quilting to go but it will be beautiful when complete.



Here is one of my thread play pieces. I have so much fun thread painting that hours can pass by and I don't even notice it. One of the volunteers at the cancer clinic where I work shared with me a picture he took when he and his wive went on a trip. Here is my reproduction of the image. Thanks Fred!


© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley 

In two weeks I will be going for surgery which will then take approximately 3 months for me to recover. I hope that during that 3 months I will have the opportunity to get lots of thread painting done. I have been trying to get out as much as possible and snap photos so that I will have lots of images to inspire me. In the past couple of weeks the sunsets have been so incredible that I thought I would share with you some pics I have taken.

© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley
Peachland, BC
 Both of these photos have been completely unedited. It is truly amazing the photos you can take if you happen to be outside at the right time.

© All Rights Reserved by Coleen Adderley
Peachland, BC

Please feel free to share pictures of some of your work or ask questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Till next time, keep creating!
Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment