Saturday 26 January 2013

Thread Play Fun!

I have been having so much fun making thread play pieces for my upcoming classes that the ideas and different fibres keep calling me to my machine. Here is my most recent piece

Fall in the Okanagan
This piece consists of piecing, thread play, fibres and hand stitching. 


Today I went to the Cherry Tree Quilt shop in Summerland and had a wonderful time picking out some of Barbs amazing hand dyed fabric and Fil-Tec (glide) threads to create my next piece. Here is a sneak preview of what I will be working with...



Barb has such a great selection of threads and fibres that you can incorporate into your quilting to give it a great unique look. I am so excited to have access to such a great supply. Thanks Barb!

Keep posted to see what becomes of these great threads and fabric!

Happy quilting,
Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment