Wednesday 28 November 2012

Cloth, Paper, Scissors, Fun, Fun, Fun!

I spent the eventing last night fiddling around with some paper crafts. My goal this year is to give a home made gift to everyone that we need to do a gift exchange with. So.... I decided to make christmas ornaments to add to the top of each of my gifts. 



These ornaments are easy to make, and you can use any paper of your choice. All you need is one 3" styrofoam ball, a 12x12 sheet of paper, and a box of pins. 




I have discovered using wingtip needles and a circular sewer. What fun!! I am currently in the process of making a throw for my mom. The front will consist of a variety of large circles that will contain a mishmash of decorative stitches. This is a great way to use those decorative stitches that your machine comes with that most often go unused. The back of the throw will have long lines of decorative stitches that will either go vertical or horizontal. The sky is the limit. Its so fun to be creative. I will post a pic when I am all done. I currently have lots of blocks to make. Here is a sneak peek at what I currently have done so far.




This next year I will be venturing out and challenging myself to discover new quilting items and different ways of bringing quilted fiber art to our lives. 

I challenge you to join me!

Cheers, 
Coleen 

1 comment: